This year during Pride Amsterdam you might be able to see my work in four different places, but you’d have to be able to split yourself up into multiple people, because I can’t even go everywhere myself.
I will be live cartooning at the LGBTQ+ tours in the Amsterdam Museum every day during Pride week, as a way to ‘intervene’ into their space, and there are three more events that will exhibit my work.
1. Transgender Museum exhibit in Amsterdam Central Station, an initiative by the Lellebel, who I’d call a ‘travesty bar for common trans people’. Opening july 12th in the Lil’ Amstel-passage of Amsterdam Central Station. The AT5 television broadcast about it is already online. This passage inside Amsterdam CS is only open during the day. It is inside the most eastern passage. Expo will be up until august 4th.
2. The biggest main thing I will be doing will be Jiro at COC’s Shakespeare Club x Amsterdam Museum; I will be registering highlights from the LGBTQ+ tours and will process them into minizines that will be spread around the Amsterdam history Museum every day(!) during Pride week from july 29th until august 3rd. I will also put the zines up for free download on my other site.
3. Pride exhibit at Google Nederland – Gayglers: I will be solo-exhibiting a cute and accessible selection of The Bosoms comics in the main Dutch office for Google, this is not publicly accessible so you’d have to know someone who works there in order to get in.
4. Queer Art Brunch Club – a networking initiative during august 3rd, that will print an A3 sized zine which will have the uncensored version of my ‘Super Transman’ illustration.
5. The Transgender Network Netherlands will be handing out postcards with my transgender superheroes (as seen below), while sporting the hashtag #FightForTransRights
6. Last but not least I will be a guest on a dialogue panel about Sex with transgender people, during Transpride 2019 at the Q Factory. I will be talking about my favourite subject: how to have and get sex as a transman, and the intimacy aspects involved.
Here is the SuperTrans series that I made for pride; after august 3rd I will post the uncensored nude version 😉 so keep an eye on this page, which I will update every day during and after Pride week.
The opening of the exhibit was captured by MVS Gaystation – the local Amsterdam television channel. You can view their public video report on facebook here.
This page will be LIVE updated while events until august 4th are unfolding.
My good friend Maia Matches, who is now the official Amsterdam Comics Laureate for 2019, drew me (with my beloved accordion) in a large spread of her transgender-rights comic for the Parool newspaper. And she mentioned my name in a great interview with her over here at YourChickenEnemy.